Monday, December 22, 2008

*Shiver*

It is currently -13 degrees outside. So cold. I had to turn the heat up in the house to kill the chill. I was planning on going to my mom's to do laundry this morning. I think I'm going to have to wait til this afternoon though now, cause there it no way I am taking Brianna out in negative degree weather!! Oh, & in addition to the freezing winds (which are gusting anywhere from 20-30mph, with a possibility of 40mph later!) we are expecting ANOTHER 2" of snow today. This is in addition to the 6-8" we got Firday & the 3-4" we got yesterday! Oh man... cold, snowy, windy. Only in upstate NY!! :0p

I just hope the cold lets up a little later so I can get out & get my laundry done & get a few errands run! We'll see though. If not, I guess I'll just have to bundle Bri up in quilts & take her out!!:op

Oh, & Christmas is in 3 days. I'm starting to get really excited now!:o)

Since it's getting closer though, that means I need to ramp up my cleaning, cause I need the house cleaned & organized before family gets here Christmas day.

In addition to cleaning, we are rearranging rooms too. We rearranged Bri's room yesterday to make more room for the new toys. I also gutted her closet & got rid of all the clothes that are too small & all the blankets & stuff that we haven't used since she was itty bitty. It made a lot more room. We also have to rearrange our bedroom, because as soon as we take the decorations down (the weekend after Christmas, as per requested by hubby), we are moving the livingroom around & taking our massive bookshelf into the bedroom. We need to make room in the livingroom for toys & stuff too. It's quite a lot of work, but I kind of enjoy getting things all organized & arranged so they flow better & are more functional. Right now things are just all over because they either A. didn't get organized in the first place when we moved in -or- B. got displaced because of Christmas decorations. Once it's all done though I will be a much happier anal retentive housewife:op.

Ok well, I need to get a shower & get ready for the day before Bri wants breakfast, & I think I hear her stirring in her room already (which means I have about 20-30 minutes of her playing in there before she wants out!).

So, bundle up NY!:o)

No comments: