Thursday, December 18, 2008

Severe Need Of Christmas Spirit...

So as anyone who actually follows this babble of nonsense that I write, you will have noticed that my blessings stopped at 10. It's not that I'm not blessed, or that I am ungreatful, it's just that there is so much going on that I can not logically keep up with everything right now. Ugh. I seriously need a big spoonful of Christmas spirit right now. This week has been unbelievable. So, here it goes...

We'll actually start with last Friday. Thursday night I shook & shuddered all night long. Friday I woke up horribly sick. I have no idea what I had, it just was horrible. I was achy, tired, my throat was killing me, I was coughing & sneezing, I was feverish, I was shaking. It was horrible. This whatever it was lasted until Saturday. Saturday at 230 I finally emerged from my room. Sat night we hung out with a few friends, but it was veyr low key. Sunday my mom offered to take Brianna for the day, so Herbie & I could rest. & rest we did. I slept most of the day & did nothing. still recovering from beign sick. After dinner my mom brought Brianna back over. I was just getting ready to pop Brianna in the tub & my phone rings, it's my sister. She called to let me know that mom had gone over to dad's to drop off some dinner & he started seizuring, so she called 911 & they were on their way to the hospital. Sooo, my restful evening gets thrown right out the window. I get dressed, throw up my hair, kiss my baby & hubby bye & get in the car to go to the hospital. I get there & my dad is barely conscious. My mom, sis, & brother in law are there & fill me in on what happened. Eventually dad starts to wake up more & starts talking. The nruses in the ER are hooking up IV fluids & monitoring his vitals. His bp was super low, but once they started pumping teh fluids, things got back to normal. They took him for a cat scan & xray, did a bunch of blood panels. We went to get some food real quick, came back, waited. Finally about 11pm the doctor comes in to tell us that he is dehydrated & malnourished & that he'll be fine wiht some fluids & they want him to stay over night. My dad tries to tell them no, my sister & I both tell the dr he WILL stay there. My dad stops argueing. I tell everyone good night, & I come home. Slam a glass of wine. Stare blankly at the tv. Then rant to my husband about how selfish & immature & irresponsible my father is & how pissed off I am that he does this shit all the time. I am now officially decided that next time he does this shit, I am having him admitted to a facility for assisted living. My sister & I have discussed it before & she thinks it might be what we have to do. I'm just so tired of being the parent in my relationship with my dad. Selfish bastard. & of course now he's out the hospital & acting like everything is ok & it's no big deal. Grr.

Well, then Monday comes around. All day Monday I was irritable & tired. I hadn't slept well the night before obviously, so not too much got done. Monday night I get a call from my mom. Her dog is going into labor & I have to be on call all night, just in case the puppies are born. I pass out hoping to God the dog can hold off til the morning.

Tuesday morning, 7pm on the dot my phone rings. Gracie is having the puppies, she's had one, I need to take my brother to school, take Bri to my mother in laws & get to my mom's to help with the rest of the puppies & watch them when she goes to work until my sister gets home. So I crawl out of bed, throw on some clothes, throw my hair up, get Brianna all packed up, take the dogs out, wake up Brianna & get loaded into the car. I get to my moms't pick up my brother & of COURSE he's not ready. So I have to sit in the car fo 10 minutes waiting for him. Poor Bri is totally out of it & cranky. I take my brother to school, take Bri up to my mother in laws, & come back into town. When I get to my mom's the 3rd puppy is being born. My mom gets ready & heads to work & I get to sit there & watch Gracie & the puppie & make sure everything is ok. Atleast it gave me time to get my Christmas cards done. My sister gets home at 11 & I get to go pick up Bri, who is still out of sorts from the morning. So I spend the afternoon trying to keep a cranky little girl entertained. Tuesday night is the fun time. 515pm I get all loaded up, botht he dogs & Bri in the car, & head out to pick up herb from work & go back to my mom's for dinner & so Herb & Bri can see the puppies. I get about 2 minutes from my house & the car makes this horrible grinding noise, so I pull over in a parking lot to see what's going on. My front passengers side tire is totally blown & off the rim. Great. I call my mom & Herb. My sister & brother in law show up to change the tire for me. In the meantime I lock the car doors cause we're in a shady part of town. When my sister & brother in law get there, I get out of the car & close teh doors. The locked doors. FABULOUS! Bri & both dogs are in the car. so I immediatly call the police to come unlock my car. So I'm parked in a shady parking lot, my brother in law chaning the tire, the police man jacking my doors open, Bri is screaming hysterically, the dogs are freaking out, I'm about to loose it. Finally the car is unlocked & I comfort Bri, the tire is changed & my sister has left to pick up Herb in my mom's car. My brother in law, Bri & I head to my mom's where I immediatly consume a wine cooler & a plate of spaghetti like it's no ones business. I was sooo irritated. I got home that night & just wanted to cry, but I couldn't I had to get Bri ready for bed & get to bed myself. So, I went to bed early & just slept.

This morning I woke up & decided that I was not going to do ANYTHING! No cleaning. No driving. Nothing. I spent the whole day just resting & snuggling with Brianna. Herb got home from work & made dinner. I went to my mom's group & enjoyed the cmpany of other mother's. Then I went to the store to pick up a few groceries & came home. I spent the evening watching tv with my hubby & just resting, then the ocd kicked in. I needed to clean. So I got up, swept all the floors. I went to mop the floors & realized that we are out of wet jet fluid. Damn it! So now I have to go to Walmart tomorrow to pick up more. Hubby went to bed, I'm still cleaning. Picking up random stuff. Finally I have just crashed. I'm not tired, just exhausted. My body is sore, my mind is spinning, & I don't know what to do with myself.

I think that tomorrow I am going to do the bare minimum & force myself not to clean. I'll do dishes & whatnot that I need to, but nothing else. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully nothing else happens. *Sigh*

Now, I'm going to grab a book, get my jammies on, & go to bed. Hopefully I can fall asleep before 3am. I'd like more than 5 hours of sleep tonight, chances of that are slim.

Oh well.

No comments: