Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Blessing 10

Christmas Blessing 10. Today's blessing is...

Naps. If it weren't for my midday nap with Brianna today, I think I would have been grouchy all day long. However my nap realigned my attitude & the rest of the day was much better! Thank God for Naps!!:)


So as to why I needed a nap. Well, I was very rudely awaken today by a splat of very cold water on my face. It startled me awake. I then felt another splat. I was confused, & very irritated. I put my glasses on & look up only to see a LEAK has shown up in our ceiling RIGHT ABOVE MY PILLOW!! You have got to be kidding me!! So, I get up, move my pillows, get a bowl to put under the leak, & move to the kitchen. In the process of all this moving around I had aroused the dogs who were now pattering around in the dining room & kitchen eagerly awaiting for me to take them out. The noise outside her room woke Brianna up, so instead of being able to go back to sleep, I had to stay up. I called my landlord, no answer, so I left a message. I called the land manager, no answer, left a message. I called my downstairs neighbor to see if she had any other number to contact them at. She didn't, however, she was able to tell me that I'd be waiting atleast a few days before anyone got back to me. Apparently she had a major leak coming out of her toilet (like 7 towels a day soaking up toilet water) & it took 3 days for the landlord to send someone over to fix it! Omg. So now, I'm irritated. Thankfully I took a nap with Brianna this afternoon & it helped make things a little better. It did throw my day off though, cause all the stuff I was going to do in the morning I wasn't able to do until the afternoon. Ah, oh well. So, anyways, it's a little after 1am & I never heard from my landlord OR my land manager, so I am not thrilled with this. If the leak comes back tonight I WILL be calling them first thing in the morning & bitching. I don't like being ignored when I am PAYING to live here!! Gah. So, that's the story of my day!

Oh, good note though. I have all but one of Brianna's Christmas presents! I ordered her puzzles today. I just need to find the Cabbage Patch doll that I want to get her, then I'm done!:) I have to order hubby's Christmas present too, but I'm waiting on hearing from someone on that too. Haha. But, we'll get there. Almost done.

Well, off to bed now to see if the leak has reappeared.

No comments: