Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas is Coming!

There is fresh snow on the ground, little flakes still falling, & a bunch of people in town have put up their lights. The manger is set up in the center of town. & most importantly, the Christmas parade that ushers Santa into town & kicks off the tree lighting & manger lighting ceremony downtown, is this weekend. Yipee!

The spirit of Christmas is finally starting to really kick in. I've decided that I am going to take out my Christmas decorations tonight & see what I have left from last year & what I need to get. I know I need a mistletoe & an angel to top the tree (we forgot mistletoe last year & we had a start last year that I don't like). I have yet to find either of these things that I like yet, but I'm still looking!:) I don't know what else I might need, but I'll find out tonight, then hopefully this weekend I can go pick up the stuff. Our tree & all our decorations will be up officially Saturday night.

I was going to start decorating tonight, but I think my husband would have a heart attack if I decorated before Thanksgiving. Tomorrow we will be out of town for the Turkey festivities with family. Then Friday, I am spending the day cleaning, getting rid of toys that Brianna doesn't play with anymore (donating them to the foster kids program at my mom's work so that some of the little kids can have fun toys). & Friday night hubby & I are going out to have a few drinks with some friends we havent' seen in a while. So, Saturday is the official Christmas decorating day.

Brianna was an infant for Christmas last year, so this is her first Christmas that she will kinda get what's going on. I am going to have her help me decorating. Little things, like putting the non-breakables on the tree. I'm going to be getting some cinnamon pine cones (the ones from last year don't smell as good now), & glitter & letting her glitter-ize them. I think I'm going to be taking the glass bulbs we have too (we have a million of them, for no reason) & I'm going to be painting on them, I'll prolly let brianna help put glitter on them (with me holding them of course). Hopefully she enjoys it. She's going to help my mom & I make Christmas cookies this year too. I think we're going to be letting her kneed the dough. She'll like that.

I'm getting so excited!:) Next week we're ordering most of everyone's Christmas presents. & hopefully going out to get the few of Brianna's that we have to pick up a the store.

Yay Christmas!:):)

No comments: