Monday, January 19, 2009

Rest In Peace Daddy

My father passed away Wednesday morning. According to the coroner's report it was Psorosis of the liver. The toxins just attacked his body & he couldn't fight it. We also know he has emphyzema & COPD. His funeral was Saturday. The past few days have been the most emotional days of my life. I don't even know what to do to try to cope with all of this. I am attempting to pack my schedule so full that I don't have any down time. I'm hoping that doing that will keep my mind busy enough that I can get some time to register before trying to deal with it. I have never felt so numb & empty in my life. I just have this tight feeling in my chest all the time, & a knot in my stomach. I feel like crying every time I see something that reminds me of him. Cleaning out his apartment was almost as bad as the funeral. Facing that he is really gone. I will never see his smiling face again while I walk this earth. That my daughter will never really know her Grandpa. It's heartbreaking. It's upsetting.

I'm tearing up again, so I am going to end this here. Any prayers you can spare for my family & myself will be greatly appreciated. We really need it right now.



Rest in Peace Daddy, I love you & miss you very much
God must have needed another carpenter...

2 comments:

Marlana said...

Again hun, I'm so sorry for your loss. :( God will heal your heart a little more every day. Saying lots of prayers for you, your family, and the peace of your Dad's soul!

Theresa said...

Keep taking it to Jesus, Hun!

This is HIS promise to you:

Is. 61:3
To grant consolation and joy to those who mourn in Zion--to give them an ornament of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit--that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.