Monday, November 3, 2008

Apparently I need a break...

So recently I have found myself being more & more frustrated with things. Many things. even simple things such as a clump of dog fur after I've swept, or a whining daughter that I have been constantly trying to get to use her words instead of "aahhhhhHHHH!!" when she wants a drink or snack. It's getting rediculous actually how fast I seem to be hitting the end of my rope. I attribute part of this to me not taking my medication for the past 2 weeks (haven't had the money to get the script filled). I can't blame it all on that though. I'm pretty sure there are other factors adding to this. Possibly because I feel like I have accomplished NOTHING since we moved into our new place. Yes, I unpacked everything. Yes, I have some regular cleaning. I feel like every day though I get nothing done. There are dishes piled in the sink (even though I literally JUST put away a whole load of them this morning... how did THAT happen!?), there is pet hair everywhere (despite thoroughly brushing both dogs & all the cats this weekend), there are toys everywhere (I have conceeded to the fact that there will ALWAYS be toys EVERYWHERE... atleast for the next 16 or so years), & I just feel like I can't keep up. In addition to that there are other projects (cleaning out the hall, cleaning the car, weather proofing) that haven't even gotten TOUCHED even though they have been on the top of the "to do" list for the past 3 weeks. I just wuold really like a weekend where I can relax & not worry about what is & is not done around the house. That however, does not seem to be something I will have coming to me for a LOOOONG time. Ugh. The holidays are coming too, so I would really like to have things in order so that when they come I can just enjoy them & the people around me & not be worrying about everything else. I'll be lucky if I can though.

So... no medicine, plus no free time, equals a very frustrated, cranky Myria.

I'm really thinking that I am going to give myself a mandatory weekend off. I think I deserve it. Right? I think I can pull it off if I play my cards right. I just need to go buy some disposable plates, bowls, sivlerware & cups, microwave meals, & Lysol wipes. I then need to convince my husband that it would be a good idea for him to help with the housework during the week so that by the weekend, it's all taken care of (atleas the big stuff). Then I need to find some people that want to have a relaxing fun time (games, snacks, & tv... no drinking, partying, or craziness). Well, now that it seems I have formulated a plan, I should prolly get on it. It's Monday... well, almost Tuesday. That gives me 4 days. Wish me luck!

No comments: